Parker Avery led the design efforts across two critical workstreams:
- Web front end (customer-facing)
- Fulfillment back end (store operations)
Key to the design was exposing store inventory to online customers to enable buy online, pickup in store (BOPIS) or ship to store (STS), allocating store inventory for customer shipments (SFS), as well as seamlessly processing customer returns in store.
The optimized omnichannel fulfillment system uses a cost model to broker orders to the most desirable fulfillment location using several factors, including keeping ordered items together and proximity to the fulfillment destination.
Key Parker Avery activities during the initiative included:
- Creation and management of the program plan for the entire implementation
- Coordination with the IT organization and software vendors to deliver all capabilities within specified budgets and timelines
- Process design for the online customer journey as well as all store operations activities required for fulfillment and return processes
- Design of sales posting, sales credit, and inventory protection/allocation processes