Comprehensive activities to document requirements, evaluate vendors, and select a product lifecycle management solution.
A $3.5+ billion specialty retailer of home furnishings in the United States and Canada.
The client struggled with managing their private label product. Specifically, their existing environment:
- Had minimal or no workflow, task management and measurement or visibility to calendar adherence
- Was built on disjointed foundational product structure
- Did not fully support product development, sourcing and production data integrity, management or visibility
- Needed to support a common repository of pre-production information for internal and external users
- Did not integrate historic and projected costs into the design process
- Did not facilitate management of sourcing capacity and materials consumption by geographical region or vendor
- Did not facilitate direct development and design collaboration with agents or vendors
- Had no logistics tracking