Working closely with the client, Parker Avery identified key business functions that needed to be included in the core merchandising system selection. These included: master data (item and vendor), PO management, price management, inventory management, finance, and supply chain visibility.
The project team used a multi-step approach to identify and select a new system.
- Develop business and technical requirements based on discovery interviews involving many areas of the business
- Create and distribute a request for proposal (RFP) and demo scripts to invited software providers
- Collect and analyze scoring for software demonstrations while highlighting advantages and key differences for each solution
Parker Avery deliverables for the client’s core merchandising system selection project included:
- Request for proposal documentation
- Demo script documentation
- Scoring survey creation, data collection, and analysis
- Summary of scoring across all software providers participating in the core merchandising system selection process