The Parker Avery Group assessed the client’s current retail operations and home office processes, as well as buying and inventory management practices to identify cash flow bottlenecks, communications breakdowns and other issues that were inhibiting growth, purchasing consistency, and accountability. Parker Avery synthesized these findings and assisted the client in creating a detailed, multi-year roadmap that addressed each pain point.
Specific activities included:
- Analyzed the current merchandising, inventory management, store operations, home office, and marketing processes
- Conducted store visits and interviews to review product assortment, operations, and inventory flow
- Summarized findings and presented a gap analysis against industry best practices, tailored to the client’s optimal placement in the market
- Synthesized eleven areas of potential benefit into six key initiatives, outlining anticipated complexity/difficulty and return on investment for each initiative
- Prioritized the proposed initiatives and created a detailed roadmap, identifying “quick wins” that would build momentum while respecting the client’s bandwidth