Parker Avery used a combination of different evaluation methods to determine the best software solution for the client’s unique development process. Initially, the team interviewed representatives across the company’s business areas to thoroughly understand current business processes, requirements, and pain points. This discovery information was used to drive subsequent development of the request for information (RFI) as well as high-level agendas for introductory demonstrations with each of the vendors.
The client’s business representatives scored the solutions based on the initial, free-form demonstrations and vendor RFI responses. Using functional weightings provided by the business, Parker Avery assessed the results and helped the client determine a short list of PLM solution providers. A “Day in the Life” script was created to guide full-day demos.
Parker Avery was responsible for all phases of the project:
- Discovery/stakeholder interviews
- Requirements definition
- RFI creation, distribution and assessment
- Communication liaison between client and vendors
- Development of detailed demo scripts
- Demonstration scoring assembly/analysis
- Deployment strategy recommendation