The Parker Avery Group collaborated with client senior executives to design a team-based organizational model that aligned buying, pricing, financial planning, inventory management, product development, sourcing, space planning, marketing and operations.
The primary characteristics of the model included the following:
- Buyer centric organization with sufficient support to enable focus on the merchandise
- Clarity of roles, responsibilities and accountabilities to optimize process efficiency
- Focus on individual banner performance and uniqueness
- Minimization of organizational silos to remove barriers and improve collaboration
- Clear career paths and future opportunities
- Enablement of concept testing, innovation and merchandising “big ideas”