The Parker Avery Group leveraged expertise in replenishment systems to evaluate four key areas of the client’s replenishment system including: target service levels, forecast exceptions, seasonal profiles, and store order cycles. Data integrity was also assessed.
Parker Avery began defining a solution by developing several hypotheses based upon initial observations of the inventory organization and systems. This was followed by a detailed analysis of key areas of the replenishment system and inventory management processes, including:
- Analysis of the replenishment system source data
- Service-level simulations
- Evaluation of safety stock parameters
- Review of merchandise planning processes
- Evaluation of forecast parameters and seasonal profiles
- Development of strategies to reduce forecast exceptions
Through this process, Parker Avery developed tactical recommendations for optimizing the replenishment system and a roadmap for improving the company’s replenishment processes.