The Parker Avery Group performed an audit of the client’s current retail operations in order to identify merchandising, inventory management, and store operations improvements that would drive growth and consistency in comparable store sales performance. Parker Avery then synthesized these findings and assisted the client in creating a prioritized plan of action.
Specific activities included:
- Analyzed the client’s current merchandising, inventory management, and store operations processes and compared them against leading industry practices
- Conducted store visits to review product assortment, presentation, operations and inventory flow
- Summarized the findings and tailored the scope to undertake the challenges of transitioning from catalog to multichannel
- Proposed 14 detailed initiatives to address the challenges and promote omnichannel capabilities
- Prioritized the proposed initiatives based on the projected impact to retail store comparable sales and the effort required for their execution